Learning Games for Kids. Educational Activities beyond the Classroom, into Your Home
Our Kindermusik Educators are terrific guides to the fun and learning that take place in Kindermusik classes. Still, the role of the parent is paramount in early childhood development.
In a Kindermusik class, guided by our expert Educators, you’ll explore songs, stories, recordings of many musical genres, instruments, props, and so much more. You’ll learn not just how to enjoy musical activities aimed at fostering the total development of your child but why these activities are beneficial. But, we firmly believe that the best learning starts when class is over and you tap into the wealth of resources available that help make great parenting easier every day of the week!
Kindermusik@Home is filled with educational activities for kids and can spark tremendous creative energy or calm ticking minds for rest. Our songs and poems help make transitions easier…to bed, to bath, to car seat. You’ll visit magical places in our videos and have stories to imagine and share. You’ll play games that reinforce developmental learning concepts. Through Kindermusik, your child will love the learning games for kids while reaping the cognitive developmental benefits – and you will have the perfect tools to make it fun.
Each classes digital home materials page contains an abundance of unit-specific, age-appropriate materials and activities – all tied to the class content. The digital home materials are built specifically to make it fun and easy for a parent to connect class-time to home-time, and to enrich both experiences. Everything a parent needs to read the class story, play a game, do a fingerplay or dance, teach new words or instrument sounds, plan an activity, do a craft, follow a recipe, take a “field trip” (real or imagined), or play pretend . . . it’s all in one spot!
- Music downloads All of the songs, rhymes, stories and sounds from class are easy to download and add to your music collection.
- Every unit’s literature book is included in e-book format, with pages you can turn yourself, and a page-by-page audio read-aloud that you can turn on or off. The ebook can be downloaded and printed if you prefer!
- Activity buttons take you to a variety of different activity types, including dance and movement instructions, fingerplay demonstrations and instructions, together-in-the-kitchen activities, music time, listening games, vocal play activities, video field trips, find-it/count-it style activities, ideas for pretend play, and more.
- The Why It’s Good for Your Child area fills automatically with information about why any specific activity or activity type is useful, important, or developmentally significant. Addressing the parent directly with up-to-date, research-supported, clear and friendly information, there’s a “why it’s good” feature for every single activity.
- In addition to the music downloads and e-book, the Download Center also includes Printable Activity Pages and, for the first time, Printable Lyrics Pages for all of the songs in the unit.
How is Kindermusik different at home than in the classroom?
The class provides the benefit of social interactions, both for the children and the adults. In addition to participating, children are also observing and learning from the other children. Group dances and instrument play-alongs are magical, reinforcing the joy of community. With the educator’s guidance, both the short and long term benefits of the activities are understood. And that hour away from the hustle bustle of schedules provides much coveted time to relax and enjoy being with your child. At home, each child is able to delve deeper into the activities in which he or she is most interested. At home, there is no time limit for exploring and repeating the most-loved songs and movement games. And nothing secures learning more than being engaged with mom, dad or family.
What about limiting screen time?
Although Kindermusik@Home is available from mobile devices, tablets, and computers, many of the activities help parents take the learning offline – encouraging families to make a craft like a homemade instrument or a daybook, dance and imitate what they see on screen, or go out on a field trip. At Kindermusik, we recognize the sensitivity to screen time.
To learn more about proper use of screen time, view the joint position statement of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning on using technology and interactive media as early education tools.
Kindermusik helps fill in the gaps
Not all parents have an education or music degree, but few would argue that education concepts and musical activities are important to raising a child. Kindermusik Educators fill in these gaps with information and tools that might even surpass those degrees. All the music enjoyed in class is available to use at home. The benefits shared by the teacher in class are supported and further clarified in the digital home materials. The experience of the class itself is worth several semesters of Early Childhood and Music education courses. You are your child’s best teacher, and Kindermusik provides the tools and fun quotient to make being the very best parent possible much easier.